Sunday, May 20, 2007

The World According to Vernon Zelch

I am a liberal left leaning Democrat. I feel government is for the people and by the people. Most citizens do not realize we in fact have a three party government. There are Democrats, Republicans, and Neocons. I can discuss issues with Democrats or Republicans and even see their side of each. I find myself on occasion even agreeing with many points they may make. But when Neocons discuss issue they tend to lay blame and accept none. Typically the name Clinton is used over and over again. I supported Bill Clinton. But I did not agree with all of his policies; NAFTA and welfare reform to mention a few.

But nonetheless, I agreed with his overall philosophy and his belief in fair government.

Neocon pundits such as William (Bill) Kristol, Bill O’Rielly, Fox News, and the lovely Limbaugh are dangerous. All of what they preach is based on a hatred of the left and tunnel vision. Vernon Zelch’s column in a much smaller part is just as dangerous. Mr Zelch can take any situation or policy and blame the left. Following a philosophy or a political party blindly is dangerous. Writing a column based on that philosophy is even more dangerous. Opinion should be based on some sort of fact. Not skewed or spun.

I am sure most find Mr. Zelch’s timely column at best humorous, and at worst full of holes. But if you base your future or your children’s future on his slanted view of the world I suggest you save your vote for American Idol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nomad- You should debate Zelch on John Rice's Program on Fidelity's Channel 6, or at least write in a letter to the editor to the Sullivan "Independent". Yeah, that newspaper is so independent that they publish columns by Zelch, O'reilly, Blunt, and Cal Thomas. We need a voice in this state!

leftknowsbest said...

Stroup

I did in fact write that very letter to the editor of the Sullivan "Independent" and they failed to print my letter. I then callled and asked if you had to be a card carrying R to get a letter published and she hung up on me

View top news